Crunching the Numbers of Cost of Living in Foley, Alabama
Foley is a small city offering a good quality of life that’s wallet-friendly. Living here provides all the best Baldwin County offers without breaking the bank. Itemizing the cost of living in Foley, Alabama, will help you learn more about how much you need to live comfortably in the city. Its index is at 86.5, significantly lower than the U.S. average of 100. Housing is one of the most significant expenses in any area. Here, $276,300 is the median cost. If you’re renting, you can pay around $780 per month for a one-bedroom apartment, which is also quite affordable compared to many other cities. Food and groceries also make up a considerable chunk of the budget, but it is worth noting that they are relatively inexpensive. A gallon of milk costs $2.50, and $3.00 for a loaf of bread. Eating out at a mid-range restaurant will cost around $10-$15 per meal. Electricity, water, and gas can range from $100 to $150 monthly. To summarize, one individual should allocate $1,938, suitable for one month.
Cost of Living in Foley, Alabama vs. Other Southern Cities
Housing, food, transportation, and taxes costs may fluctuate over time. However, the fact remains that the cost of living in Foley, Alabama is lower than in other metropolises. Atlanta, Georgia, or Nashville, Tennessee, offers many cultural attractions and job opportunities, presenting a higher living expense. To compare, Foley’s average home values are $276,300. Nashville’s is $413,000, while Atlanta’s is $364,000. Rental fees for a typical one-bedroom flat in Nashville is at $1,310, $1,540 in Atlanta, and only $780 for Foley. These make settling in Foley more affordable and allow more room to spend on other household essentials. It is also important to note that there is less traffic in the region, resulting in lower transportation and car maintenance costs. Not to mention lower-stress levels too. If affordability and a laid-back beach lifestyle are your priorities, Foley may be the perfect place.
Tips and Tricks to Live Well for Less
Living well doesn’t have to mean spending more. Explore these ways to enjoy life comfortably without going over your spending limit.
- Create a budget and stick to it. Track your spending and identify where to cut back and save money.
- Eating out can quickly add up, so consider meal planning and cooking at home instead.
- Look for sales and coupons at your favorite stores, and stock up on items when they’re discounted. Cashback apps are excellent tools too.
- Embrace the sharing economy. Platforms like Airbnb and Uber allow you to save money on travel and transportation costs. Apps like Nextdoor and Buy Nothing groups on Facebook let you share goods and services with your neighbors.
- Visit a local park, join a community event, or grab a book from the library for free or low-cost entertainment.
- Turning off the lights and unplugging electronics when not in use are recommended to minimize energy bills.
- Sign up on loyalty programs to earn points or rewards that can be used on future purchases.
Learn more about the cost of living in Foley, Alabama, and the most affordable neighborhoods in the area by visiting https://inlandbayrealty.com/foley-cost-of-living/.